by Benny Benton
WILSON, N.C. – Barton College softball coach Junior Bailey is pleased to announce the addition of six players to the signing class of 2018-19. They join four student-athletes who signed last fall during the early signing period.
The six spring signees for the 2018-19 class include:
- Ashley Ferguson, OF, Heritage High School, Wake Forest, N.C.
- McCrae Knapp, C/UTIL, Perquimans County High School, Hertford, N.C.
- Brooke Loving, MI/UTIL, Prince George High School, Hampton, Va.
- Mikayla Rose, C/MI, East Carteret High School, Beaufort, N.C.
- Mallory Sharp, UTIL, Southampton Academy, Carson, Va.
- Emily Teachout, MI, Deep Creek High School, Chesapeake, Va.
"These freshmen, in addition to those signed in the fall, comprise a talented group of young athletes who will have an opportunity to compete with and for one another as part of my largest recruiting class here at Barton," Bailey said. "These ten incoming players, mixed with the talent, maturity and experience of our returnees, will allow this team to flourish in the near future. I truly believe that you will see Barton softball rising in the standings of Conference Carolinas and this region."